Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Brunette Smoothie

After a sleepless night, I woke up this morning feeling particularly groggy and sluggish. When I remembered I needed to make my breakfast smoothie, my mind was blank. What a blender was, and what it was for, were showing approximently zero results in my foggy morning brain (this is a typical symptom of blondness).


I begin to imagine myself in an Ivy League college as an inspiring law student, naturally betraying the luxury of sleep in hopes of catching a decent score on tomorrow's Bar exam. 
I am that mean fiancĂ©e-stealer girl off Legally Blonde. 

No, I am Blair Waldorf, starting my day in need of a drink that will help me rule the the Upper East side. 

After a tall glass of water, my eyes slowly begin to open, and I am just alive enough to mingle some ingredients together for this morning's smoothie. 


The Brunette

- 1/2 cup of chilled coffee
- 1/2 cup of almond milk 
- 1 handful of spinach 
- 1 banana 
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 tablespoon of raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of maca powder
- add stevia to taste (I used 3 drops)

Blend all the ingredients. I like to blend the spinach with the almond milk alone first, then add the rest of the recipe. This way, I can add more spinach if I want, without sipping up leaves in the finished product. Also, don't be shy about the spinach, add as much as you like, but at least one handful. If you want to be smart like a brunette you must utilize the power if this leavy green. 

Benefits of Spinach: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=43

After you have blended all ingredients together, grab a straw and enjoy. If you feel as if the smoothie is too thin, feel free to add a couple tablespoons of peanut butter to the mix. This will also give you added protein to fuel the rest of your day.



If only brunettes like Vivian Kensington and Blair Waldorf would have always started their days with this smoothie. Then, maybe, Vivian would have never stolen anyone's fiancĂ© and wouldn't have of been so salty to Elle Woods in the first place. Maybe, too, Blair would have married Chuck in season one. Think of the heartache that would have saved (yes, that's directed towards you, Jenny Humphrey). 

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts! You need to put some of your amazing wardrobe on here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Don't worry it's coming soon!

      Delete