Monday, July 14, 2014

Greenest Green Smoothie Recipe

The best way to start off a good morning is by treating your body to some killer fuel. This green smoothie recipe will revitalize your body and rejuvenate your energy. You will feel full, but light. It is the perfect meal to start the rest of your day.

My Greenest Green Smoothie recipe: 
-5 to 7 ounces of greens (I like to use kale, spinach, or mixed "Super Greens" by Organic Girl brand) 
-1/2 cup of almond milk
-1 banana
-about six or seven strawberries
-1 sliced miniature orange or 1/2 of a sliced regular sized orange 
-tablespoon of Chia seeds
-2 tablespoons of TriOmega SuperFood blend by Green Smoothie Girl

http://greensmoothiegirl.com/product/greensmoothiegirl-products/greensmoothiegirl-triomega-superfood/

First, I blend my greens in with my almond milk, gradually adding more greens. By blending the greens first and by themselves, I've found it creates a smooth base for the rest if the smoothie.  

After all of my greens are blended, I simply add the rest of the ingredients in. 

This recipe will make about two servings, so you can enjoy it throughout the day, not just for breakfast. 

Take a sip and see what you think! If you're not used to the strong taste of the leaves, try adding a couple drops of all natural stevia sweetener. I find this gives if a very pleasant taste. 

These smoothies are my life! They containing so many disease-fighting nutrients! This power drink is bound to
keep your body wanting more and more (even if your taste buds refuse). (:

No comments:

Post a Comment