Saturday, July 12, 2014

New Magic Pill: Garcinia Cambogia

Like my usual lazy teenage self, yesterday morning, in an effort to wake up, I reached for my phone. Eyes groggy and half opened, I scrolled through my twitter feed. Then, I saw something that caught my eye. 
From an account titled Fitness Motivation, I saw an article (advertisement) about a brand new pill that helped one girl lose 20 pounds. "This is such a hoax," I said to myself, as I clicked on the link anyway. 
Come to find out, this article, though clearly promoting purchase of goods (see, I told you- advertisement), actually had some legit substance to it. 
On this site was a real clip of a Dr Oz show explaining the benefits of this new miracle pill called garcinia cambogia
Impressed with the big name backing, I watched the video. 
What I learned: 
Garcinia cambogia is a small, pumpkin-shaped fruit, sometimes called tamarind. It comes oringinally from Indonesia, but it is also grown in India, Southeast Asia, and West and Central Africa. Although it is recently recieving a lot of attention, the fruit is ancient and has long been used in traditional South Asian dishes. 
The benefits of Garcinia Cambrogia are endless. Through it's elements, it blocks the nutrients absorbed in our bodies from being turned into fat. Instead, it transforms our intake into energy. 
More energy? Yes, please. My Netflix addiction is the definition of laziness and it needs to kicked in the booty asap. 
Not only is this supplement supposed to give you more energy, but it claims that it also surpresses appetite, lifts mood, builds muscle, and decreases emotional eating. 

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/garcinia-cambogia-hca

I just want to make this clear. I support healthy eating and moderate exercise as a means to a healthy, fit lifestyle. I am NOT a diet pill person and I don't even believe in such a thing as a "magic pill". But by the end of all my reading I was ready to buy a bottle if this stuff. 
Turns out, my natural path master of a mother already owned a bottle and got me started as soon as I brought it up to her. 
So anyway, the brand I'm using is Naturwise Garcinia Cambogia.

http://www.naturewise.com/product/garcinia-cambogia-extract-500-mg-supplement/

I will take two capsules 3 times a day, 30 minutes before a meal. This is my official first day taking this, and I will keep you updated on how it goes and what results I see!

No comments:

Post a Comment