Friday, August 22, 2014

New Smoothie Recipe: The Power Blonde

When I woke up this morning (ugh, okay, afternoon. I'm working on it, okay?), I was embraced by a much needed sense of renewal. I spent my first few hours of consciousness tanning by the house pool, soaking in my daily dose of vitamin D. Ah, summer. 
After a quick swim, and a substantial shot of the summer sun, I felt the need for a tasty breakfast drink to fuel and envigorate the rest of my day. Introducing The Power Blonde - a smoothie for super heroines, Greek goddesses, and everyone in between. 


Ingredients:
-5 oz of Organic Girl Super Greens
-1 cup of Vanilla So Delicious Coconut Yogurt
-1 handful of frozen strawberries
-1 frozen banana
-1/2 cup of almond milk
-1 scoop of Vega One nutritional shake in French Vanilla
-1 tablespoon of Hemp seeds

Add all ingredients into the blender. If you do not have a high powered blender, I recommend blending the salad, milk, and yogurt first, by themselves. Once blended, add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with a tablespoon hemp seeds. 

This smoothie seems daunting because of the heavy amount of greens in it, but I promise you the final product is sweet and admittedly delicious. 

This smoothie is great after a tough Crossfit sesh or time spent out in the dehydrating sun. Whatever your day entails, this smoothie is bound to help you power through.

*punching emoji* 

No comments:

Post a Comment