Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Week Back Home Leaves Me Depressed and Chunky

It's officially been a week since I have been home in Oklahoma. I have physically said my goodbyes to the glistening blue of the Aegean sea, and the wistful whites of the Santorini walls. Mentally, however, I am still frolicking through the decks of the Silver Sea cruise ship wearing little more than my bikini and worry-free smile.
But, life. Life, doggonit! My week back home has been horrible. I have been suffering severe post-vacation depression, which, for me, involves eating everything in sight, whether it's food or not. Also, I have had family in town, staying at my family's house, during almost everyday since our return. Though their company has been helpful for my spirits, it has been detrimental for my waistline. Already pushing it from the daily doses of croissants and gelato from Greece, with the loving help of daily (breakfast, lunches and) dinners out, I'm now pushing towards a size four... Which reminds me, I have yet to have my fourth slice of coffee cake today.

NO, MOLLY. NO MORE COFFEE CAKE FOR YOU.

But, Molly, I love coffee cake! And I'm already chubby, why not just embrace it?

BECAUSE, you dietary idiot!! COFFEE CAKE IS FULL OF SUGAR AND SATURATED FAT. Do you WANT to die an early death?

No ): I guess not. But I am sure as heck not in the mood for any darn smoothies.

I have been jet lagged, and tired, nauseous, and cranky for a week straight. Now, you might even add insanity to the list, as I have finally begun having arguments with myself on a public blogsite.

I have decided that since I have let myself get so far off tract, to the point where I don't even enjoy green smoothies any more (gasp!), I need to begin a total New Me Makeover project. With a new school year about to begin, and summer coming to a close, I feel this is a perfect time for change. I am not planning to start now, but once all my family has gone home, and I am able to find time for myself, I will begin my healthy lifestyle makeover.

Naturally, I will blog my progress. My makeover will involve not only healthy eating, but healthy thinking and healthy activities.

As much as I love spending my last precious weeks of summer lounging around in my pajamas all day and feeling sorry for myself, enough is enough. It is time for a change back to my healthy lifestyle, and I am honestly feeling excited.

NEW ME Begin Date: Monday, 18 August 2014

Can't wait! ..but until then, coffee cake, anyone? (;

No comments:

Post a Comment