Friday, August 29, 2014

Date-Me Smoothie

Hey guys! I know I haven't been posting too much lately and I apologize for that. 
"I accept your apology."
(Sorry I saw The Giver this week and now my mind is all black and white and only speaks in the most precise language.)
But as far as the lack of posts go, I can say it has been for good reason: I have actually been busy! Yes, that's right. I have actually occupied my time now with bettering myself instead spending my time on a public website only talking about it. 
My mornings have started early this week, which means no more sleeping in. However I did catch a break this morning, when I was able to sleep in at least an hour later than normal.
Half awake, I walked downstairs to begin my normal morning routine. I took my vitamins, grabbed a snack for later in the day, and finally, began pouring my coffee. Since I had woken up so late, though, the coffee that my mother made this morning was already cold. 
So, being the smoothie-minded girl that I am, I poured what was left in the coffee pot in the Vitamix, and whooped up a new recipe. Ladies and gentlemen, I call this The Date-Me Smoothie.


Ingredients (serves one)
- one frozen banana
- 2.5 ounces of Organic Girl Power Greens
- 1 cup chilled coffee
- two scoops Herbalife healthy meal formula in Cookies n' Cream
- 3 to 5 pitted dates 

Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth. 

I say this serves one, but I had a hard time drinking all 20ish ounces of this. The dates plus the banana create a very think and filling drink, even though it may not look like such. If you find you cannot drink it all in one sitting, it might be a good idea to save what's left for a later time. Like when you need healthy remedy to fulfill a hankering sweet tooth. 

This smoothie is bound to make you feel confident and strong throughout your day. The protien powder will add liveliness and energy to your day, and the greens will give you a gorgeous glowy essence. 

Stand tall and be beautiful today. And remember, with this smoothie, you won't need a boy to have the perfect date! *kissey face emoji*

I apologize for the cheesiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment