Thursday, November 20, 2014

Smoothie Post: Cookies and Cream!

I got sick. As much as I tried avoiding doorknobs, shaking hands with others, densely populated areas, and human contact in general, I. Got. Sick. 
Sigh. 
My last few days have been spent almost entirely snuggled into my covers, moving as little as humanly possible, and marathoning Netflix television shows. Unfortunately, I got the kind of sick that makes you whiney and lazy, but I didn't get the kind of sick that makes you lose your appetite and makes you really skinny. So here I am, feeling really sick and also feeling really fat due to my complete lack of physical activity. 

To compete with my new sedimentary lifestyle, I have developed a revolutionary new smoothie that tastes like just the comfort you need during a sad and pathetic Day of Sickness. 

Introducing: COOKIES AND CREAM SMOOTHIE. It really tastes like cookies and cream. It felt like drinking a hug. And who doesn't want a hug when they're sick??

Cookies n' Cream Smoothie 

Ok I am going to give you the simple recipe for this, but in exchange, I want you to make this smoothie and drink it. I know you guys just like to read my posts but don't actually make these smoothies, but I promise you that it really tastes delicious. This is the perfect transitional smoothie to get you into the healthier swing of things. 

Still making excuses not to make it? To help you decide, I've provided below a list of indicators that you need to make and drink this smoothie. If after reading, you feel you do not identify with any of these traits, I will fairly allow you to move on with your life. But just know--I honestly feel sorry for you, for you have lost out on so much. And you will most probably die alone, if you don't count you 37 cats.

Try this smoothie if you:
-Want to get more greens in your diet
-Need a meal, but are in a time crunch
-You are a vegetarian having trouble incorporating protein in your diet
-Craving a healthy dessert alternative
-Like cookies and cream
-Are an awesome, super-cool, person that looks really good in the color black 

If you experience one or more of the things above, congratulations! You qualify to drink this amazingly awesome Cookies and Cream smoothie!

Ingredients:
-1/2-1 cup almond milk 
-1 banana
-frozen berries (I used cherries in the photos below, but blueberries or strawberries also work)
-as much spinach (or kale, mixed greens, etc) as you can fit (seriously, stuff those bad boys in there)

I meant it when I said, "stuff as much spinach as you can in that bad boy!"
This batch yielded about 40 oz. If you replace one meal a day for one cup, or 8 ounces, of a green smoothie, this amount will last you around five days. It took me less than 10 minutes to prepare and serve this smoothie. Aside from the amazing health benefits (which I will get to later), think of all the time that would be saved by cooking this up at the beginning of your week!

Read about replacing your meals with smoothies and how to portion them here.

As far as the health benefits go, this smoothie is the living definition of "nutritious and delicious".

Because there are so many benefits, and I am an incredibly lazy human being, below I have provided links proving the substance of these ingredients.

Read about how almond milk compares to cow's milk here.
Read a nutritional overview of banana's here.
Read about the connection between eating strawberries and blueberries and good heart health here.
Read about the importance of incorporating greens in your diet here.
Read the nutritional information of the Herbalife formula here.

\
Though I'm iffy about this Herbalife formula, this brand of almond milk is totally GREAT. Completely GMO FREE!!

I hope I have convinced you to give this smoothie a shot. While I believe this is totally delicious, I recommend using this formula seldom, and more as a transitional aid into more natural recipes, than as a long term meal replacement. I say this because, while it does contain factors such as high protein and a variety of great vitamins, the Cookies n' Cream formula is NOT organic.

Still, it is a great alternative to chowing down on this. (;
So, if you are in need of a treat, I urge you to try this super tasty, super delicious smoothie. It might just make you so happy that you end up having a super awesome day!

Thanks for reading and happy eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment