Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Delicious 5 Minute Salsa

Hey guys! Here's a new blog post coming at cha. So, after a long, busy day, it felt good to go to the gym and relieve some stress. When I get home from a workout, I'm almost always starving enough to eat my foot. Why? Because it's filling and convenient. Instead if chewing on body parts, though, tonight, I decided to quickly fix up some delicious salsa! ¡QuĂ© rico!

This simple recipe is a variation of one I found on this cool website called allrecipes.com. I encourage you to check them out! 

Their recipe is as follows:

Ingredients 
- 29 oz of canned, peeled and sliced tomatoes 
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste 

For my try, I did things a smidgen different. Instead of using completely peeled tomatoes, I combined tomato sauce with canned chopped tomato and green chills peppers. This gave it a little bit of texture while still feeling smooth. 
For the cilantro, I chopped it quickly by sliding my knife vertically through the leaves on all sides, and then began chopping horizontally on the remaining middle leaves. After, I'll quickly spread the leaves out on my cutting board and try to pick out the stems from within them. I LOVE cilantro so I put in as much as I could. 
I varied a little bit with the garlic by adding one extra clove than the recipe called for. 

For seasoning, I added fresh crushed black pepper and whole bunch of coarse sea salt. I found that it still wasn't spicy enough though so I added some extra spice by mixing in about a tablespoon of chili peppers. Zesty

This quick recipe was a hit with my family, and honestly myself as well! We ate the whole bowl in an hour! Even though the recipe was so simple, the flavors were so deliciously complex. 

Tomatoes are a fruit containing a relatively high water content, making them a great snack food to quickly satisfy hunger. They have endless health benefits so this tasty snack is also good for you too.

This recipe shows how easy is is to quickly throw together a snack that will keep you feeling clean, light, full and satisfied! 



No comments:

Post a Comment