Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tropical Stay-cation in a Glass

Hello friends!! Long time no read! It's been a few months since my last blog entry... Okay, half a year. Despite the time gap and the absence of my digital, health-conscious, advice-giving presence, I am back, with every intention of continuing the original spirit of this Blonde Smoothie campaign. I write this as I walk my dog up our neighborhood street. My mid June day has been filled with sunshine and its hugging heat. Summers in Oklahoma sure do take it out of ya. By five o'clock in the afternoon, I'm exhausted and hungry, craving a refreshing pick-me-up to help me get through what's left of the day. 
I've recently been exposed to the cosmetic and healthy living brand Arbonne. Arbonne is an organic, vegan friendly, gluten-free, harmful chemical-free Sweedish born, Californian raised company that promotes beauty through health. Last week I was invited to a party where we tried on moisturizer and blush, drank smoothies and green tea, and pondered the significance of toxins in our diets. (It got very deep.) One of the several items I purchased at this party was the Arbonne protein powder in vanilla. The shipment just came in yesterday, and to celebrate its arrival and to quench my summer cravings, I threw together a green smoothie -- Arbonne style. 

Tropical Vanilla Protien Smoothie
Ingredients
-1 cup almond milk
-6 handfuls Super Greens
-1/2 cup broccoli 
-1 frozen banana
-large handful of frozen pineapple
-large handful of frozen strawberries 
-two scoops of Arbonne Protien powder in Vanilla 

As usual, I start only with the milk and greens, blending them alone to pulverize the most amount of greens possible, thickening the almond milk base for the rest of the smoothie. I then added the rest of the ingredients into my VitaMix and blended until smooth. Serves two. 



The pineapple taste takes you straight to California coast. Or the Gulf of Mexico. Or Hawaii. The taste reminds you a beach. Whatever destination floats your boat. Let your mind relax as you sip this smoothie. I've realized this is the Arbonne way. This is the California way. A way to relax, appreciate, and love. It's a vacation in a glass. Enjoy (:



No comments:

Post a Comment